Modernized e-File (MeF) is the new e-File processing system released by the IRS to replace their much older Legacy processing system. The biggest benefit for you, the tax preparer, is the real time processing of transmissions and acknowledgements. The IRS’s response time decreased from a 4-6 hour timeframe as in previous years to as little as every 30 minutes during the 2012 filing year. [Read More]
Join TaxSlayer Pro in Las Vegas, NV for two days of education, entertainment and excitement. The TaxSlayer Pro User Seminar is a great way to network with other tax professionals. In addition, users will learn about new tax laws, updates to the software and ways to increase your business. You can earn up to 8 CE credits and also learn the latest about PTIN testing! Make sure to register before October 15, 2012 to receive the early registration fee of only $225 per guest. [Read More]
During tax season, many clients want to know if their return was approved and when they will be receiving their refund. With all the other stresses to worry about, TaxSlayer Pro wants checking your client’s and entity’s statuses to be simple and easy.
To View Client Status
TaxSlayer Pro offers the Client Status utility to check on the e-file status and bank product information for your clients. You can check the status of a tax return from several places throughout the program. From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
1. The Icon at the top of the screen. Enter the SSN of the client to view the status of their return.
2. Select Client Status from the numbered menu at the TaxSlayer Pro Main Menu.
3. Right Click any blank area of your screen to bring up a list of options and select View Client Status from the list.
To View Entity Status
You can check on the status of a business return using either of the following methods.
From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro, select:
· View Entity Status
· Enter the EIN of the business you want to check the status for, or click on the box to the right of the EIN entry box to display a list of all business returns. Select the IRS and Acks tabs to view current information on the federal return. Select the State and State Acks tabs to view current information on the state return.
· Right Click any blank area of your screen to bring up a list of options and select View Entity Status from the list. Enter the EIN of the business you want to check the status for, or click on the box to the right of the EIN entry box to display a list of all business returns. Select the IRS and Acks tabs to view current information on the federal return. Select the State and State Acks tabs to view current information on the state return.
It is that time of year again, as a tax professional, you start to prepare for the upcoming tax season. If you are thinking about upgrading your office equipment, there are some important things to keep in mind. Below, are TaxSlayer Pro’s system requirements, supported operating systems, printer recommendations, and recommended internet connections to make sure that your tax season runs as smoothly as possible.
TaxSlayer Pro recommends the following to run the software at optimal performance:
· 2.0 GHz or higher
· 1 GB of RAM
· 1 GB of Hard Disk Space
· Windows Vista / Windows 7
· 100% HP Compatible Laser Printer (Inkjet printers are not recommended for check printing)
· 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
· High Speed Internet Connection
TaxSlayer Pro will run using the following as minimum requirements:
· 2.0 GHz or higher
· 512 MB of RAM
· 500 MB of Hard Disk Space
· Windows XP Pro SP3
· 100% HP Compatible Printer (Inkjet printers are not recommended for check printing)
· 1024 X 600 screen resolution
· Internet Connection
Supported Operating Systems
TaxSlayer Pro is supported to run on:
· Windows Server 2008
· Windows XP
· Windows Vista
· Windows 7
· Windows 8
· Windows Server 2003
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported to run on:
· Apple (Macintosh)
· Windows 95/98,CE,ME,NT (CEMENT)
· Windows 2000
· Windows Mobile Operating Systems
TaxSlayer Pro is compatible with any HP (Hewlett-Packard) compatible printer. When considering a printer for your office, purchase a printer with the highest output (PPM), or printing speed, that your budget can afford. If you are printing checks for bank products in your office, we recommend using a laser printer rather than an ink-jet printer. If a check printed on an ink-jet printer becomes damp, the ink could smear or run, possibly causing a delay in your client being able to cash or deposit the check.
· Wireless Internet Connection
A wireless internet connection will work with the TaxSlayer Pro software, however it is NOT the recommended internet connection. Wireless internet connections are subject to periodic (possibly short) service outages and speed fluctuations. These outages can cause problems when trying to transmit returns, receive acknowledgments and/or get updates. When these problems arise, you will have to wait until a reliable internet connection is restored. For these reasons, TaxSlayer Pro recommends a wired cable or DSL internet connection which is generally more reliable.
· Cable/DSL/Dial-up Connections
Cable and DSL modem connections are faster and more reliable than most other types of internet connections. Other types of connections are either slower or more subject to periodic loss of connectivity. Due to the size of the TaxSlayer Pro Program installation and some of the updates, a dial up connection is rarely practical. Anyone using a dial up connection should be prepared for very long download times and frequent dropped connections. Anyone using a dial up connection should definitely plan on ordering an installation cd instead of trying to download the program from your My Account.